- National Stadium will host four home games of the T20I series on September 20, 22, 23 and 25.
- The England team arrives in the early hours of Thursday.
- Four fields have been prepared in the National Stadium, sources say.
Karachi is all set to host the highly anticipated T20I series between Pakistan and England as the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) at the National Stadium has made preparations for the guests touring the country after a 17-year hiatus.
The arrival of the England team is scheduled for the early hours of Thursday (September 15), which rests all day before the start practice sessions on Friday.
The matches to be played in Karachi are scheduled for September 20, 22, 23 and 25. After that, the action will move to Lahore, where three T20Is will be played at the Gaddafi Stadium on September 28, 30 and October 2.
Preparations in the National Stadium have been completed, according to well-placed sources. “Four pitches have been prepared for the series on the ground,” the sources added.
Ground crews have completed work on the wicket, the sources said, adding that cleaning work on the stands has also been completed.
English T20I squad
Jos Buttler (Captain), Moeen Ali, Jonathan Bairstow, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.
Travel reserves: Liam Dawson, Richard Gleeson, Tymal Mills.
Pakistan tour schedule
- 1st T20: Pakistan v England, September 20, National Stadium, Karachi
- 2nd T20: Pakistan v England, September 22, National Stadium, Karachi
- 3rd T20: Pakistan v England, September 23, National Stadium, Karachi
- 4th T20: Pakistan v England, September 25, National Stadium, Karachi
- 5th T20: Pakistan v England, September 28, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
- 6th T20: Pakistan v England, September 30, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
- 7th T20: Pakistan v England, October 2, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore