Baingan is a popular ingredient in every Indian cuisine, but let’s agree – the most prominent reason for its popularity is baingan ka bharta. Smoked baingan, mashed with onion, peppers and spices, the dish is an indulgence. In fact, it has an earthy flavor that draws to your heart’s content every time. Combine it with rice, roti, paratha or litti and you have a healthy meal ready in no time. What fascinates us most is the fact that the hearty baingan ka bharta recipe sees multiple variations across the country. Some add raw onion and mustard oil to the mix, while some cook everything in a kadhai.
While researching the variations of baingan ka bharta recipes, we came across a preparation that was earthy, simple and village-like. That’s why we thought we’d share the recipe with you. This village-style baingan ka bharta recipe was shared by food vlogger Reshu on her YouTube channel ‘Cooking With Reshu’. Look
How To Make Baingan Ka Bharta Village Style:
- Heat some mustard oil on a tawa.
- Add the baingan slices (skinned and cut into pieces), tomato, green pepper and garlic. Roast all vegetables until the outer layer turns brown.
- Remove the tomatoes and roughly chop everything. Then mash everything with a potato masher.
- Add chopped onion, grated ginger, salt to taste, roasted jeera powder, hing and red chili powder to the mix.
- Stir everything together well and serve immediately. You can also heat the mix in a pan to enjoy it hot.
Watch the village style baingan ka bharta recipe video below:
Looks so easy and delicious; Turn right? So what are you waiting for? Prepare this dish today and enjoy a delicious meal today.
If you love bharta as we do, we recommend that you try some other great recipes from our curated list of bhartas. click here for the recipes.
Try all the recipes above and let us know which one you liked best.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- that’s what Somdatta likes to call herself. Whether it’s food, people or places, all she craves is knowing the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.